What started out as a blog for LIS2600 has become much much more. Okay, a little more.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Pitt Website Assignment
So, I followed all the instructions, and I can't figure out how to actually view my Pitt webpage, which should be found here. For what it's worth, I also couldn't view Professor He's website. Please advise.
If you want to see an example my webpage is working. The link is www.pitt.edu/~sdb39/, and it is working. Here are some things that could have gone wrong.
Did you upload it to the server correctly?
Is your first page labled index.htm? If it isn't labled correctly then it wouldn't work correctly.
Perhaps by now you've already found a solution to your webpage problem, but for what it's worth I'll throw in my two cents anyway. I too, had the same problem you had, until I realized that my index page had to be labeled index.html. Without the l I was getting an error message everytime, but when I threw it in it worked. I only needed it on my index page though...all the others worked find with just .htm.
2 comments:
If you want to see an example my webpage is working. The link is www.pitt.edu/~sdb39/, and it is working.
Here are some things that could have gone wrong.
Did you upload it to the server correctly?
Is your first page labled index.htm? If it isn't labled correctly then it wouldn't work correctly.
Perhaps by now you've already found a solution to your webpage problem, but for what it's worth I'll throw in my two cents anyway.
I too, had the same problem you had, until I realized that my index page had to be labeled index.html. Without the l I was getting an error message everytime, but when I threw it in it worked. I only needed it on my index page though...all the others worked find with just .htm.
Post a Comment