Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jing/Screencast assignment

Here's the URL for the Screencast. Note that I watched the "features you may not know" tutorial and still ended up beyond frustrated with Jing. Where's my page on Jing? Oh, there are no pages? Where's the editor/text feature for my video (I used a mac)? Does the text feature only work for screen shots? Nowhere did I find any assistance on the Jing website.
Flickr: everything got a "Jing project" tag, so here's the URL for that tag. There's also another tag.

2 comments:

Nicole Plana said...

Jake,

I was wondering what the difference is between CLS and OCLC. I work in circulation and reference, so I have to admit that I don't know much about ILL. I notice that your library uses CLS. Is this just for the D.C. metropolitan area?

We use FirstSearch and Infotrieve, but aside from how to request materials, that's all I know.

Jake said...

CLS here actually stands for Consortium Loan Service, which is how the consortium shares cataloging and circulation materials. We use OCLC for all out of consortium (ILL) loans.